Monday, June 17, 2013

Mathematics Question for JSS 2



  1. Find the LCM of 2x and 3y.  (a) 6x  (b)  3y  (c)  6xy.
  2. find the LCM of  xy and yz, (a) y  (b)  xy  (c)  yz.
complete the bracket in the statement below for question 3 and 4.
  1. 9x + 3y = 3(      )  (a) 3x + y  (b) 2x + y (c) 9x + y .
  2. 2s – rs = s (      )  (a) 2-r  (b) r – 2 (c)  2s – r .
  3. simplify 1/u + 1/v. (a) v+u /v  (b) 1/uv (c)  uv-v/uv .
solve the equation in question 6 and 7.
  1. 3x – 8 = 10  (a) 6  (b) 4  (c) 8.
  2. 2x + 5 = 17  (a) 6  (b) 14  (c) 7 .
  3. A picture of numerical data is called __________  (a) Graph (b) drawings (c) photograph.
  4. Given the coordinate (5, -2), what is the value of x and y (a) x = 5 and y = -2 (b) x = -2 and y = 3 (c) x = 0 and y = -2
  5. A number line is a graph of all ________ (a) positive numbers (b) negative numbers (c) positive and negative numbers.
  6.  2x = 4 , find the value of x , (a) 12  (b) 24 (c) 6 .
  7. 3 ( 3x – 1 ) = 6 , (a) 1 (b) 4 (c) 5 .
  8. A graph that changes one set of unit to another is called _______ (a) conversion graph (b) Analytical graph (c) blank graph.
  9. A graph that represent the movement of an object of person in term of distance covered and the time taken is called _________ (a) Distance – Time graph (b) speeding graph  (c) long graph .
  10. A car traveled from a car park to Agbowo, what is it initial speed? (a) 2m/s  (b) 0 m/s (c) 15 m/s .
  11. The vertical number line in a graph is called _______ (a) y – axis (b) u – axis (c) p – axis .
  12. The horizontal number line in a graph is called ________ (a) x – axis (b) q – axis (c) m – axis .
  13. Complete this bracket , px + qx = x (      )  (a) p + q (b) x + q (c) p+x .
  14. 6ab2 ÷ 2a = _______   (a) 3b2  (b) 6ab  (c) 3b .
  15.  ­1/2x2  ×  4ax3 = (a) 2ax  (b) 2x2  (c)  4ac3 .
THEORY
  1. Use the balance method to solve the following:
i.                    3x – 8 =10
ii.                  27 = 10x – 3
iii.                9 + 2r = 16.
  1. solve the following equations.
(a)
i.                    4b + 24 = 0
ii.                  9 – 8y = 3
iii.                3x = 18 – 3x
(b)
i.          5a – 6 = 2a + 20
ii. 4x + 7 = 5x + 6
  1.  
(a)  A woman has two boxes of matches. She uses five matches  and has 75 matches left, how many matches were in each boxes ?
     (b)   solve the equation x -5/2 = x - 4/3
4.   Use the table below to plot a speed – time graph. NB. Plot the graph in a graph sheet.
Time (s)
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
Speed(m/s)
0
15
20
45
60
75
90
5.   Use the graph below to answer these questions.
i.        find the distance covered at stage AO
ii.      find the acceleration at stage AO
iii.  find the acceleration at stage AB.

28 comments:

  1. Waoh!! Thanks. I just use it to keep my little sister busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the questions, they are interesting and standard for a jss2 student to conquer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the answer to number one

    ReplyDelete


  4. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks For This Sweet Question For Jss 2 Because I Am In Jss 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good but how do we know the right answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I pray I pass my exam, because if I don't I might repeat and I don't want that to happen I am also in jss 2 and I don't want to go back primary five because I just entered a new school and they said they will have to test me and my sister. I don't want to fail😭😭😭😭😟

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is to hard for jss2 students

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy questions I like it. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enter your comment...Thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, thank you for making these questions available and free,. It aids the learning process

    ReplyDelete